- Category: Hempzels the Company
YOUR ORDERS KEEP US GOING! SUPPORT THE WEBSITE OR YOUR LOCAL STORE Hemp + Pretzels = "Hempzels®" Right to the Store
Retail direct through our website or wholesale / distribution direct. Hemp pretzels, hemp mustard, hemp seed, hemp nut butter, hemp granola bars, through Pennsylvania bakeries, we are adding value to trdtional product lines - we call it, Hempzelization - to became aware of hemp and specifically "Hempzels(tm)". 2015 is our year, starting out with a product that we've been offering at events and to select restaurants in bulk. Now today we have our new 8 pack swirl bag ready for the frozen food aisle of our local & regional stores staring in 2016. Launched at the annual Pennsylvania Farm Show - our 13th year. Now we are on the verge of growing hemp in Pennsylvania, 2017 join us at events being posted. Historically the company in the beginning......
In 1997 a few local guys (Ralph RIP, Mark T, Don ..) as "No Problem, Inc." were selling hand painted hemp fabrics, working with local seamstresses to create custom hemp outfits, they happened upon hempseed and after using some hemp seed meal to bake a pretzel in Don's house) they found an old bakery in Hanover, Pennsylvania who helped develop a single line of Sourdough Hard Hemp Pretzels. They did one run of nuggets with one of the largest pretzel companies in the US - Anderson Pretzels but the seed meal wasn't the right formulation.
It all changed with the formulation thanks to Richard Rose & his new "HempNut" that he introduced us to via Germany at the Hemp Industries Association conference in 1997? In 1999 Shawn House purchased the assets of No Problem, Inc. took over and expanded the relationship with other Pennsylvania Preferred Bakeries & Packaging Facilities. Unfortunately from 2000-2004 the Government through agencies decided to create havoc in the new industry by indirectly outlawing hemp in foods..(see Just Say Know Campaign)
We've been putting a new twist on some old favorites over the years. First off at Hempzels - It's "About the Seed - not the weed ™ Every day is Hemp History Day - Just Say Know Campaign. Education about hemp has sometimes overshadowed the products but the deeper message is contracting with local and regional farmers for hemp seed, hemp flour and hemp oil.
What is made by PA Preferred Bakeries -
- "The Original Hemp" Sourdough Pretzels "PEACES" - 3 Flavors in 8oz bags Made by Revonah non hemp Sourdough. New Kiln. - the difference? the addition of hemp flour & organic brown rice flour. Both good, crunchy treats.Now a 3.5oz Size with another facility. "Traditional Hempzel Sourdough"
- Hemp Soft Pretzel Cosmic Swirl (TM) - January 2015 the retail 8 pack swirl release. We are looking for small regional cold service distribution - east coast first.
- Whole Grain Horseradish Hemp & Honey Mustard the best!!, 11.75oz squeeze bottles or special order gallons Available in all Wegman's Stores in the Nature's Marketplace natural food section. Ask them to stock our soft Hempzels Swirls in their frozen food section.
- The Lancaster Trading House, Inc. formed in 2005 with Hempzels(c) and Natalie's Choice being two private brands for hemp foods. www.natalieschoice.com
You can "like us" on FACEBOOK.
Your business keeps the dream alive for Lancaster Trading House, Inc. so that we can continue making Hempzels® Feel free to donate - spread the word. Thank you - The Staff